Museum Wins Award
Salisbury Museum is proud to announce that it is the winner of the Tourism and Hospitality category in the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards 2010.
The Museum entered the awards in January and discovered we were successful at the prestigious Chamber of Commerce Presidents Dinner on Friday 12 February.
The judges gave the award to Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum for the following reasons:
- It was an excellent entry, particularly for tourism
- The Museum has achieved greatly in 2009 to generate new visitors
- The Museum positively supports the Salisbury Festival
- Entry demonstrated that the Museum is interactive with local artists and uses local sources.
- It was well presented and very informative
Adrian Green, Director of the Museum said: ‘This award is brilliant and recognises all the hard work put in by staff and volunteers over the past year. The Museum may not be one of the main reasons tourists come to Salisbury; but we are one of many reasons why they should stay in the area, which is of benefit to all accommodation providers and city businesses.’
The first finalist was Salisbury Cathedral and joint second finalists were Salisbury Tourist Information Centre and Salisbury Rugby Football Club. For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01722 332151.