Castle Street, Salisbury
Castle Street has always been a main thoroughfare for travellers to and from places to the north of the city. The tall stone building shown projecting into the street on the left hand side was all that remained of the old gatehouse built to control access to the city along Castle Street. It was pulled down in 1906.Acquired with the financial assistance of the MGC/V&A Purchase Grant Fund and The National Art Collections Fund.
Other items in the Art collection