A day course with artist Claire Thomas looking at how to paint clouds in watercolorist, which will include tone and colour demonstrations, and sketchbook and watercolour exercises to help build your knowledge of light and atmosphere in painting. If the weather is kind, there will be the opportunity to work outside. Claire is a Dorset-based artist, who specialises in painting landscapes. Please visit Claire’s website for further details of her work www.clairethomas.co.uk
This workshop is suitable for artists of all abilities. Please bring a packed lunch, or lunch is available to purchase at The King’s House Cafe. Please bring your normal painting kit. Claire also has kit that you can dip into if needed, but does not supply paper. Claire has also suggested bringing the followng:
- Brushes with a good point, recommend no smaller than a 10
- Watercolour paper; 300gsm/140lb, (Bockingford is good)
- Paints: Ultramarine, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber, Crimson Alizarin, Indigo and Naples Yellow
- Kitchen towels, jar, hairdryer, pastels
- Easel if you have one, collapsible chair or stool, sun hat!