Using the Turner’s Wessex exhibition as a starting point, artist Louise Luton of Plain Arts Salisbury will lead a workshop looking at key aspects of Turner’s work, his approach and sketches. Louise will take the fear out of where to start with a sketch, how to add a wash of colour and how to work up to a final painting. If the weather is kind, there will also be the opportunity to sketch outside the Museum in Cathedral Close.
To see Louise’s work, please visit her website http://www.louiselutonart.com . This workshop is suitable for artist of all abilities. Please bring a packed lunch, or lunch is available to purchase at The King’s House Cafe.
Louise has suggested bringing the following to her workshop:
- Good quality paper in a size of your choice (A5 - A2) (Louise recommends small starting sketches of A5 and a more formal sketch in A3)
- A 2B pencil
- Something to lean on if you are working on loose paper rather an a sketch book
In addition you might choose to bring:
- Sketch books
- Pencils from as hard as HB to as soft as 8B
- Watercolour paper, watercolour pencils, or paints
- A chair or blanket to sit on outdoors