To celebrate the arrival of the Antiques Roadshow at the Cathedral on 14 May the 100 year old Scout Car will be making its first appearance at Salisbury Museum. The Scout was made by the Burden Brothers on Churchfields in 1912 and is now only one of two believed to be in existence. The museum purchased the car in 2012 with the help of private donations and grants from Salisbury City Council and Wiltshire Council. The engine was restored by the late Frank Thomson and it is now kept in Salisbury Museum’s offsite store. We plan to secure a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund in 2019 so we can create a new space in the museum to display it.
The museum is grateful to MG Cannon for transporting the car to the event.